I was having a hard time thinking of topics for this week’s list, so I asked my kids for ideas. Here’s what they suggested:
- A list of people who are smarter than me. S thinks that list should include herself, her sister, and her father. I have to take exception to at least the first two.
- E thinks I should write a list of parenting tips from 123 Magic by Thomas W. Phelan, PhD. I’ll make that list as soon as it starts working on S.
- S thinks I should make a list of things she knows that I don’t. I’m starting to recognize a pattern here.
- E thinks I should review books I’ve read recently.
- S suggested a list of stupid things that Donald Trump does. Sorry, kids. I don’t think I can limit my list to 13 things.
- R says I should write a list of Alohomoras. I’m told this will be a short list, since there only exists 1 of whatever-these-things-are in the world.
- S says I should write a list of colors of poop. Unfortunately, I could make a pretty long list for that one.
- S says a list of recipes I won’t let my kids cook.
- E wants me to write a list of places I want to go and information about those places. She might be my favorite.
- S wants me to write a list of things E doesn’t want me to know. E insists that I don’t disclose the items S would put on that list.
- E says, “Mom, what’s something you know a lot about? Like housecleaning or something. Write a list of advice on that.” Aw, honey. I appreciate your misplaced confidence.
- R says I should write a list of wands. If you can’t tell, he’s a little Harry Potter obsessed right now.
- The kids couldn’t agree on who should contribute the last list idea, so #13 will include one from each of them. See if you can guess who contributed what: 1. A list of fun things to do with your children. 2. A list of fun things to do with wands. 3. A list of things R has ruined.
So which kid said what? I love hearing from you!
ps. E says I’m good at lots of things, like snuggling and writing. Just so you know.
Create your own Thursday 13 and post it here! Or join in #thelistlinky.
Enjoyed this post? Please vote for my blog!