- Parent Judging: Why Is Everyone an Expert on Other People’s Kids? - I was sitting with my family in the little cafe area at Target. (Naturally.) My husband was waiting in line at Starbucks, and my four kids, miraculously, were sitting and/or playing quietly while I worked on my grocery list. A mom and her two young boys were sitting at the table next to us, and at one point I looked up, caught her eye, and smiled. She did not smile back. That should've been my first clue that something was wrong with her.
- My Dog’s Christmas List - Originally posted on where the heart is:
Alternate Title: The Christmas Wish List of Lucimus Goosimus Varcinius Maximus Roder (Lucy to her friends) This…
- You Want a Piece of Our MARYLAND Crabs??? - You might have heard that Virginia’s Governor, Terry McAuliffe, has been talking smack about our Maryland crabs. “You know, Maryland
- Bad Dates Build Character (Or at Least Give You Good Stories to Tell) - Back in my single days, I dated my share of borderline psychotic unique guys. There was Steve Bill (all names have
- A Mother’s Weight Loss Plan - I think we can all agree, motherhood brings with it some enormous changes. We’re learning to care for a tiny,
- Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful - I have a confession to make. I’ve never been completely happy with my appearance. What woman has? (Maybe Tootsie?) “I’ve
- What’s the Deal with Little Boys and Their Penises??? - So, ever since his birth, my 2-year-old son (we’ll call him Gunther to protect his identity.) Anyway, since birth, Gunther