I’ve actually never written New Year’s Resolutions before, but I do like setting concrete goals, so I thought I’d give it a try this year. Here are a few things I hope to accomplish this year with my writing:
- Write at least 5,000 words a week until I finish the first draft of Freedom City.
- Participate in my monthly critique group and use the feedback I receive to improve my work.
- Critique other writers’ work to help me hone my craft.
- Attend the Unicorn Writers’ Conference in March and have at least two one-on-one meetings with literary agents.
- Pitch to at least one more agent with whom I do not have a pre-scheduled meeting.
- Complete Freedom City, with edits and revisions, by July.
- Query at least 100 literary agents.
- Start a new book!
What are you planning to accomplish this year? I love hearing from you!