I swam laps today for the first time since Raymond was born. He’s 2 1/2 now. I used to swim 3-4 times a week when I was pregnant. I do work out fairly frequently, but for some reason I let the swimming go. But swimming is good for you, and I needed some variety, so into the pool I went. From today’s experience, I learned 7 things:
- My lap time was better when I was 9 months pregnant. I get that I haven’t done it in a while, but come on. I was carrying a whole ‘nother person, plus like 60 extra pounds.
- I need a sports bathing suit (unless I want the lifeguards to really watch me).
- Showers are much better with a towel.
- Paper towels help, but not as much as the (thankfully non-sweaty) yoga pants I wore into the gym.
- Getting dressed is a lot more fun with underwear.
- Before you assume you forgot your towel, you should really check that bench where you set your gym bag to root around for your bathing suit when you first arrived at the gym. It might be there.
- I’m totally going to do it again. 🙂
Hope your day is spectacular!