Hello my beautiful blogging buddies! (How’s that for alliteration?) I need your help. In honor of my new bluetooth headphones that my wonderful husband and children gave me for Mother’s Day, I am on a mission to construct my perfect workout playlist. It only includes a few songs so far, and that will only get me so far. You can’t burn enough calories for Friday pizza night on a twenty minute workout.
So that’s where you come in. Please use the comments section to recommend more songs to me. I want this sucker to be three hours long. (Not that I’d ever workout for three hours. I promise I’m not insane. Which is exactly what an insane person would say, but still.) I need a long playlist so that I can put it on shuffle and not hear the same exact songs every single day. So please help me! What gets you going and keeps your heart rate up? What fills your lungs with the sweet oxygen of second wind? What keeps you from giving up and crashing on the sofa with a box of bon bons?
Here’s what I have so far:
- “So What” by P!nk: This song just makes me feel like kicking some booty. She’s lost her husband, she’s been dissed by the waiter, but does she care? Heck no! She’s a rock star!
- “U Got the Look” by Prince: Because he is Prince. And I am incapable of making any playlist that doesn’t include him. Besides, when have you ever seen such a pretty girl look so tough?
- “I Hate Myself for Loving You” by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts: This song has such a strong, thumping beat, it makes me feel like pumping weights. Also, as an added bonus, if you’re getting in shape because you can’t stop obsessing over your cheating ex and you want to show him how he’s missing all of this, well, I’ll just say, “Good for you,” because you sound a little crazy.
- “I’m Walkin’ on Sunshine” by Katrina and the Waves: OK, so I’m revealing my extreme dorkiness with this one, but I don’t care. If this song doesn’t make you feel like dancing, I don’t know what will. (PS. My spell check doesn’t recognize “dorkiness” as a word, so there! I’m obviously extremely cool but under-appreciated.)
- “Roar” by Katy Perry: I admit, I got into Katy Perry because of my 5 and 6-year-old daughters. I’d listen to the handful of her songs they’d play on the radio over and over, but remarkably, I got more into them the more they were overplayed. Plus, it’s another tough chick song.
- “Some Nights” by Fun.: This song is just, well, fun. I can’t not move when I hear it. That’s motivation enough for me!
- “Hit Me with Your Best Shot” by Pat Benatar: I haven’t been to karaoke in forever, but whenever I do go, this is what I sing. This is a song for anyone who’s ready for a challenge. Bring it on.
That’s it! That’s all I have so far. You can see why I need help. If you have any suggestions, please send them my way. Thank you!